Summer Release...

   ...Everywhere I looked it was green.  The trees were in full leaf, the lawns were green and growing much too fast.  Many of the spring flowers were giving way to early summer blooms and there was an ease all around signaling that summer gardening is finally here. Everyone was eager just to get out of the house and do something, even if that something was annoying mowing. For months people were cleaning house to the point of obsession, and now they could turn their attention to the  outdoors. Dreaded yard work was not so bad after all.  At least it got one out of the house.  Coping with lockdown and the re-opening protocols made life quite different.  I have always understood about having to re-invent one's self every few years, and now the world was beginning to understand the concept. Just the other day a neighbor asked me if I planned on having my little garden again this year.  I assured him that it was about to happen.  Here in Ohio we have experienced enough rollercoaster temperatures to keep our gardens on pause until evening temperatures didn't kill off our early plants.  Was I frustrated? Yes, but I knew I had to wait.  The seedlings I hd started simply did not thrive.  Only now have the greenhouses and nurseries been open.  Many have barely begun to receive herb stock.  So far I have sweet basil and lemon balm.  Recently I purchased some oregano and sage.  Settling my herbs into their summer containers is about all I can manage for now.  Painfully hot temperatures and then storms and high winds have made it tough to keep everything watered.  Dragging jugs of water to Le Petit Jardin has been a major effort leaving me thoroughly exhausted by the time I actually reach the garden.  Even so, I still garden.  It is in my very soul to garden.  And there will be photos asLe Petit Jardin takes its shape for the summer of 2020.  There will be much tea and contemplation in the creative process as well as the occasional cookie in accompaniment.  Let the gardening adventures begin...
Spring Bouquet
Lili-of-the-valley


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winds of spring...

Clancey's Gift...

New Year Tea and Cookies