Adventures With Froggie...

    ...As I entered my kitchen door I encountered a soft green stuffed toy frog lying face down on the floor.  One leg was bent at a weird angle "Ouch!" I thought.  "Bet that hurts."  From the look of it the frog had lost his last tussle with my constantly active cat Squirt.  Ever since the day that Squirt discovered Froggy stashed in a bag of plush toys I had packed away in a box, I am continually finding the smiling green toy in the most unexpected locations around the house.  Each time I come across Froggy I return him to the chair in my living room.  I'm always amazed when Froggy finds his way to my upstairs rooms.  Sometimes I even find him on my bed.  One early morning I was awakened by Erratic bouncing movements at the end of my bed.  Squirt was dancing on his hind legs while tossing Froggy high in the air.  "Oh my gosh!" I mused.  "You really put that frog through a  rough time!"  I laughed as I watched Squirt having such a great time tossing his toy in the air again and again.  In a few minutes the frenetic spectacle was over and Squirt was off on the next adventure.  Froggy had been abandoned in a brutal position.  It was time for me to get up anyway, so I retrieved the ravaged frog to take him downstairs and return him to the chair in the living room.  "Okay, Froggy, you live to fight another day," I quipped.  I was never quite sure about Squirt's attitude toward the plush frog.  Was Froggy friend or foe?  Did those big, googly eyes and that broad green smile taunt Squirt?  And then, one day I found Squirt curled up on the living room chair, snuggled with Froggy and snoozing.  "Friend..." I answered to myself.  With those two it is always an adventure.  Where will Froggy turn up next is the daily question...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winds of spring...

Clancey's Gift...

New Year Tea and Cookies