The Great Cookie Deficit

A civilized cookie with a cup of tea


      ....Cookie Deficit...The psychological condition of a lack of cookies in one's diet or routine, causing one to not function well or up to usual operating mode...                                                                                                       ...March skipped in like a warm and sunny spring day.  What could be wrong with that?  But wait, if March should come in like a lion and out like a lamb, we are headed for trouble.  We would pay dearly for all that sunshine and balmy temperatures.  And so, we in Barberton did pay.  Icy winds and spits of snow followed those first warm days.  Eventually we experienced monsoons of rain followed by fog and flooding.  The rollercoaster of temperatures showed no mercy.  But today, though beginning with gray skies, eventually there were blue skies with beaucoup sunshine and no rain.  At this point we were only a week away from the daylight-saving time change when we would be cheated out of an hour of much coveted sleep.  I never fare well in losing that precious hour.  This year I am determined to get myself ready for the time change and to not let it discombobulate me as it has always done so in pasted years.  But something was "off" in my prepping for the time change event, and I knew it.  Suddenly it dawned on me that the real problem was the infamous Cookie Deficit.  It had been a month since I had munched a worthy cookie as I sipped tea while having a good "think".  Gardening plans had become jumbled in my thinking and art projects weren't gelling for me as I wallowed in foggy indecision on all ideas.  This realization called for drastic action.  It called for more than just any cookie.  No gluten free nibbling for me! I went for the big guns and tore open a box of glorious cocao cookies.  They were soft and coco flavored, and none of that tea would be part of the battle this time.  I had a big glass of milk with my cookies.  Normally I consume two cookies with my tea of choice as I meditate on any projects, but this time I devoured my cookies, and even dunked them in my milk! Two cookies would not be enough to take care of my cookie deficit. With great abandon, I scarfed down two more cookies with no remorse.  I had done it and I was glad.  Almost immediately, I began to think more clearly with new creative ideas coming together and making sense for a change.  Cookie deficit conquered!  Now I could face the time change without intimidation.                                                                   This will be a day to remember as I have vowed to not allow another cookie deficit in my life.  Spring will seem a bit brighter while I wake up Le Petit Jardin with new plants and plantings as I sip tea along with nibbling my cookie of choice ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winds of spring...

Clancey's Gift...

Sacred Space and the Wooly Bear Caterpiller...